On your Ticketsocket's admin page you will want to click on Promo Codes
Click on the + Add a new promo code button
This is the Promo Code creation/edit page.
On the Promo Code creation/edit page seen above you can:
- Promo Code Group - Allows you to tie promo codes to a group or affiliates to track how often that code is used.
- Promo Code Name - Sets the name of the promo code
- Discount Type -
- Flat Rate - Allows the promo code to subtract a specific amount from the ticket price
- Percentage - Allows the promo code to subtract a percentage amount from the ticket price
- Discount Amount - Controls the Flat Rate and Percentage discounts
- Active Toggle - You can turn this promo code on or off with this toggle
- Effective Start Dates/Time - Promo codes will not work if there is not an Effective Start Date and Start Time selected and also allows time sensitive promo codes to be made (e.g. Early Bird Specials, Day of Event Sales)
- Effective End Date/Time - While this option is not required, this is useful to ensure promo codes cannot be used in a future event
This section is completely optional, although it is used frequently to regulate the amount of times a promo code can be used. The settings in this section are explained thoroughly on the page itself.
Blacklist: Blocks the promo code from working in specific cases
- Events - Select any events you wish to omit this promo code from
- Ticket Types - Select any ticket types you wish to omit this promo code from
- Pricing Tiers - Select any pricing tiers you wish to omit this promo code from
Exclusive: Limits the promo code to only work in specific cases
- Events - Select any events you wish to limit the promo code to
- Ticket Types - Select any ticket types you wish to limit the promo code to
- Pricing Tiers - Select any pricing tiers you wish to limit the promo code to
Remember to save any changes you have made otherwise they will not apply.
Creating an Auto-apply Promocode URL:
You can create a URL you can send to a customer that will auto-apply promo codes during checkout, see this image below on where to obtain that URL.